Enjoy great savings on our Best Buy Bundles!
Eu Yan Sang's Ginseng Tea is a mix of American and Korean ginseng, making it suitable for individuals who lead a busy lifestyle. It helps to:
Radix Panax Ginseng - 3.5gm
Radix Panax Quinquefolium - 0.2gm
Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata - 0.5gm
Cane Sugar - 0.8gm
Eu Yan Sang has now formulated ginseng tea in teabags. This makes it more convenient for users to enjoy the benefits of ginseng by steeping a teabag in hot water for a few minutes.
The use of ginseng for medical purposes dates back to 5000 years ago and is purported to be an anti-aging agent. In modern times, ginseng has been widely recognised as an adaptogen, and helps to increase resistance to stress and restore homeostasis. It is now increasingly popular and readily available as tea, powder, capsules or tablets. The principle bioactive components of American ginseng, ginsenosides, have been successfully isolated in experimental studies and proven to demonstrate various medical properties. Clinical studies are also actively conducted for various pharmacological actions.
1. Anti-hyperglycemic properties
a. Lower blood glucose through anti-apoptosis mechanisms of pancreatic β cells and stimulation of insulin synthesis1
b. Regulation of UCP-2 activation in the mitochondria of pancreatic β cells2
2. Antioxidant function3
a. Neuronal death is delayed from transient forebrain ischemia4
4. Immunomodulatory effects4
a. Stimulate cell-mediated and humoral immune responses
b. Fight against fatigue5
1. Xie JT, Mehendale S, Yuan CS. Ginseng and Diabetes. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine 2005, 33(3): 397–404
2. Luo ZQ, Lup LG. American Ginseng Stimulates Insulin Production and Prevents Apoptosis through Regulation of Uncoupling Protein-2 in Cultured β Cells. eCAM 2006;3(3)365–372
3. Chun H, Kitts D.D. Free Radical Scavenging Capacity as related to antioxidant activity and Ginsenoside Composition of Asian and North American Ginseng Extracts. JAOCS 2001, 3:249-255
4. Attele A.S, Wu JA, Yuan CS. Ginseng Pharmacology Multiple Constituents and Multiple Actions. Biochem Pharm 1999,58:1685-1693
5. Barton DL, Soori GS et al. Pilot study of Panax quinequefolius (American Ginseng) to improve cancer-related fatigue: a randomnized, double-blind, dose-finding evaluation: NCCTG trial N03CA. Support Care Cancer 2010, 18:179-187
Ginseng may look otherworldly to the layman, but there’s more to this herb than meets the eye!