STAY IN THE KNOW — NEWS, OFFERS & MORE: SIGN UP NOW!
By NATURA Magazine.
1.Mix 100g of American Ginseng with 200g of water. Place mixture into steamer; steam for two hours.
2. Add the other ingredients slowly and thicken with wheat starch. Set aside.
1. Wash the deboned duck and leave to dry. Add seasoning and marinate for two to three hours. Drain any water and wrap the duck in cling film.
2. Put the marinated duck into a steamer; steam for approximately 1.5 hours. Remove and set aside to cool. Slice duck, and add prepared sauce.
2. Portion out 1kg, add Licorice Root and Solomon’s Seal, and cook for half an hour. Add wheat starch to thicken the sauce. Set aside to cool.
1. Put fresh abalone into steamer; steam for an hour. Remove and soak for one minute in abalone sauce.
2. Slice the abalone and drizzle with more abalone sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Ku Keung from the Conrad Centennial Singapore. This article first appeared in NATURA magazine issue No.4.
Welcome! Get US$10 off your first order!
Thanks for subscribing! We have sent you an email with your welcome code in it. Read T&Cs.
You are already on our mailing list.
Please enter a valid email
Get US$10 off your first order!*
*Terms & conditions apply