1. Poach lotus leaves quickly in hot water for about a minute and gently wash them before setting them aside.
2. Poach the chicken quickly in hot water for 20 seconds, then place on lotus leaves.
3. Place all the other ingredients on lotus leaves.
4. Add the salt, sugar, Chinese wine into the chicken consommé and boil. Thicken mixture with corn flour and pour it over the chicken.
5. Wrap the chicken up, and steam for 2 hours until chicken is completely soft.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Sam Leung. This article first appeared in NATURA magazine issue No.5.